The judging for this is currently in process, thank you for all the great submissions!
Another day and another contest at #Written-Imagination
's week long birthday celebrations. This time our contest is looking for the quality construction of descriptive prose, not matter how flowery it happens to be (so long as we know what you're talking about and it conforms to rules). This means you show
things that are happening to the audience with imagery, metaphor, simile, symbolism and all the other elements of figurative language.
tell them by saying "it was sad" - you show
them by saying "Tears spilled down her pale cheeks as the coffin descended into the freshly dug earth below." We want descriptive language to up our eyeballs and straining our brains!
So here are the rules for the contest:
- It can be no more than 300 words but you are allowed 10% over the 300 word limit at max, any more and you'll be disqualified. There is no minimum word count.
- Only two entries per person!
- It must be descriptive prose. It can be as flowery and indepth as you like so long as we can understand the scene or subject being discussed which means you can use a little bit of tell to ground the reader with a reference point.
- You MUST base your entry on one of these four provided themes:
- Entries must be in by Friday of next week - 5th October
- Prizes will be awarded to the best entries and randomly to participants who entered!
Prizes will be announce soon so keep and eye out ^^ You can submit your entries here
Keep in mind this contest is open to anyone here on deviantART!
Good luck and get those entries in!
Keep on writing